Opo's NecPlusUltra

Only the best to share with others. Not a competion, just my list.

Monday, March 07, 2005

NPU 9: HOUSE OF THE FLYING DAGGERS

"HOUSE OF THE FLYING DAGGERS" a 2004 Chinese movie by ZHANG YIMOU.


The best movie I have seen in 2004 (and perhaps the best one since 2000...)

An incredible pictoric composition, mixing the most striking "bamboo greens" (see top) and "light blue" (see bottom) I ever seen on a screen with romance and locations in a superb white wood forest (in Ukraina).



The power of the images created by ZHANG YIMOU is astonishing. It is not the kung-fu coreography but the camera's one that takes you where the director wants. Colors even more than composition. Colors that are always in movement.
I repeat myself but the green dresses in the green bamboo forest, the blue dress with XXXXL long leaves and the white trees of the woods are just perfect. A real pleasure.

More pictures here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home